Slade frontman Noddy Holder’s Christmas pop quiz will check how clued up YOU are on festive bangers
WELL right here it’s, Merry Christmas . . . which suggests it’s music legend Noddy Holder’s favorite time of 12 months once more.
The Slade frontman, 72, and his band make an estimated £500,000 a 12 months in royalties from their hit Merry Xmas All people.
In the present day Noddy has created his personal quiz – with the assistance of compilation Now That’s What I Name Christmas – to check how clued up YOU are on festive bangers.
Noddy informed us: “Christmas music may be very a lot the spirit of the season. We wished to cheer individuals up with Merry Xmas All people and it has proved timeless.” Right here, we share Noddy’s festive questions:
- Which glam rock group landed the 1974 festive No1 with Lonely This Christmas?
- “I don’t need loads for Christmas, there is only one factor I want” are the opening traces from which 1994 tune?
- Which Seventies superstars took the Christmas No1 in 1978 with Mary’s Boy Youngster/Oh My Lord?
- Which seasonal track has been recorded by Eartha Kitt, Kylie Minogue and Miss Piggy from The Muppets?
- Identify the pop knight who has invited us to have a Fantastic Christmastime yearly since 1979.
- David Essex’s A Winter’s Story was written by which former member of The Wombles in 1982?
- A frantic automotive journey from Abbey Highway Studios again to his native Middlesbrough for the festive season impressed which singer to jot down his most well-known track?
- How previous was solo vocalist Brenda Lee when she recorded her model of Rockin’ Round The Christmas Tree in 1958?
- Elvis was crooning about what color Christmas in his 1964 hit?
- The unique 1984 model of Do They Know It’s Christmas? was written by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure. However who sang the primary line?
- And together with lady group Bananarama, who was the one different feminine singer on that first Band Support charity single?
- Which rock band, led by Ian Anderson, informed us to Ring Out Solstice Bells on their 1976 Christmas single?
- Which 1942 Bing Crosby track has offered 100million copies since its launch, in keeping with Guinness World Data?
- Who instructed we should always Cease The Cavalry of their 1980 anti-war Christmas hit which was set within the trenches of World Conflict One?
- The opening line “Rejoice, rejoice, Christ is born” is the English translation of which track that Steeleye Span carried out totally in Latin in 1972?
- Brian and Tony made up one half of East 17, who had a 1994 Christmas hit with Keep One other Day. What are the opposite two members’ first names?
- The track Do You Need To Construct A Snowman? by Kristen Bell, Agatha Lee Monn and Katie Lopez options during which 2013 animated Disney movie?
- In The Twelve Days Of Christmas, what did my real love give to me on the seventh day?
- Which Welsh rocker sang the 1985 festive chart-topper Merry Christmas Everybody?
- I Want It Might Be Christmas On a regular basis, by Roy Wooden and Wizzard, and Merry Xmas All people, by Slade, each featured within the UK charts for the primary time during which 12 months?
- How previous was Aled Jones when he scored a 1985 Christmas hit with Strolling In The Air, from the animated movie The Snowman?
- Little Saint Nick is the title of a track from which 1960s Californian surf-loving band?
- Mike Oldfield’s cheery instrumental In Dulci Jubilo is a Christmas favorite – however what’s the English translation of the title?
- Final Christmas by Wham! was initially launched as a double A-side. What was the title of the opposite observe?
- In response to lyrics in Slade’s Merry Xmas All people, what does your granny all the time let you know?
- These songs could be discovered on Now That’s What I Name Christmas, which will probably be performed on Celador radio stations on December 23 at from 6pm and Bauer radio stations on Christmas Day. Now That’s What I Name Christmas is offered on CD, digitally and on the Now music app.
most learn in music
- All I need for Christmas by Mariah Carey.
- Boney M.
- Santa Child.
- Sir Paul McCartney.
- Mike Batt.
- Chris Rea (Driving Dwelling For Christmas).
- Paul Younger.
- Jody Watley from Shalamar.
- Jethro Tull.
- White Christmas.
- Jona Lewie.
- Terry and John.
- Seven swans a swimming.
- Shakin’ Stevens.
- The Seashore Boys.
- In Candy Rejoicing.
- Every little thing She Needs.
- That the previous songs are the very best.