The star of today’s Overwatch update will be Baptiste, the newest hero being launched by Blizzard in March 2019.The support-class medic wields an a
The star of today’s Overwatch update will be Baptiste, the newest hero being launched by Blizzard in March 2019.
The support-class medic wields an assortment of experimental devices, all of which have been being tested out on the game’s PTR.
This has seen Baptiste get some tweaks to his various abilities in a bid to avoid any major balancing issues when he hits the live servers.
This should be happening in the next few hours, with Blizzard usually releasing new patches between 5pm and 7pm, GMT.
Early patch notes have also been shared by Blizzard, following the testing on the Overwatch PTR servers.
These are changes that have been made during the testing period and they also include tweaks to other parts of the game.
Some of these changes may have been reverted or removed since they were first posted at the start of the month.
However, they give players the clearest idea on what is being added to the game next on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
From what has been posted, Baptiste’s Biotic Launcher has undergone some changes since first launched on the PTR.
Junkrat also appears to have received a few nerfs to help stop his ultimate building too quickly during matches.
The full early patch notes can be found below, however, it should be noted that the full update notes will likely contain a lot more information.
We will post these when Blizzard shares them after they have released their new Overwatch update today.
EARLY PATCH NOTES FROM OVERWATCH PTR:
- Biotic Launcher
- Can now be stopped from automatically reloading by switching the Automatic Reload option to OFF. This option defaults to ON
- Immortality Field
- Made significant changes to its visual appearance and sounds
- Frag Launcher
- Impact damage changed from 60 to 50
Developer Comments: Since the recent increase of Frag Launcher’s damage output, Junkrat has been building his ultimate too quickly. We’re increasing the cost of his ultimate to balance this change with his increased damage-dealing capabilities.
- Particle Cannon
- Alternative Fire’s explosion radius changed to 2 meters, regardless of energy level
- Fixed a bug that allowed Baptiste’s Immortality Field to be placed under a payload
- Fixed a bug where Baptiste’s Immortality Field was not destroyed when run over by the payload
- Fixed a bug where Baptiste’s Immortality Field prevented death in out of bounds areas
- Fixed a bug that allowed Baptiste’s Biotic Launcher to heal through barriers
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist to not lose his upward jumping movement when using Rocket Punch while in the air
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist to not move while using Rocket Punch if he was recently knocked backed
- Fixed a bug where Junkrat’s Steel Trap didn’t make a sound when it landed
- Fixed a bug where Lúcio’s wall jump speed was lower than expected