TWISTED footage shows one of the New Zealand mosque gunmen shout “let’s get the party started” as he murders 40 innocent worshippers. The terrorist
TWISTED footage shows one of the New Zealand mosque gunmen shout “let’s get the party started” as he murders 40 innocent worshippers.
The terrorist – dressed in military fatigues – fired off automatic weapons as people fled for their lives in Christchurch.
He picked off others at point-blank range with one girl executed as she lied on the floor screaming for help.
The white-supremacist gunman filmed the footage – too shocking to show in its entirety – on a GoPro camera and streamed it to a Facebook page.
At the beginning of the shocking stream, he says “let’s get this party started” as he drives up to a mosque playing loud music.
He also says “Remember lads, subscribe to pewdiepie”, referencing the controversial YouTuber.
The sicko is then seen taking automatic weapons from his boot, daubed in bizarre references to historic Muslim wars.
GUNNED DOWN AS THEY FLED
He enters and shoots down multiple people in the prayer room, as they run in panic.
The man shoots several people from the car park before stalking through the building, picking off people and shooting bodies on the floor.
He then walks back outside and shoots a young girl on the pavement as she screams for someone to help.
The gunman drives off boasting about how he “should have stayed longer” and blaring music including “Fire” by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown.
Believed to be a 28-year-old Australian, the attacker also published a chilling 74 page manifesto online explaining why he had done it.
The video was published on the Facebook account of a man named Brenton Tarrant – and this profile has since been removed.
Names of the gunmen have not yet been confirmed by police.
What we know so far:
- At least one gunman opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, at 1.40pm local time on Friday
- 49 people have been killed – 41 at Masjid Al Noor Mosque, 7 at Linwood Masjid Mosque and 1 died at hospital
- 48 people were rushed to hospital with gunshot wounds and 20 are in critical condition
- The killer is believed to Brenton Tarrant an Australian who published a chilling 74-page manifesto before the rampage
- Cops arrested three men and a woman – initial reports of one wearing a suicide vest were incorrect
- Police defused improvised explosives found on nearby booby-trapped cars
The shootings were initially believed to be the work of two terrorist gunmen, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said.
Three men and one woman are in custody following the shootings at Masjid Al Noor Mosque and Linwood Masjid Mosque in Christchurch at around 1.40pm local time.
One of those arrested was wearing a suicide vest, cops confirmed as they warned “let’s not presume the danger has gone”.
Police also defused a number of improvised explosives which were found on nearby booby-trapped cars following the bloodbath.
WHO WERE THEY? Confusion over suspects in mosque massacres
AT least 49 people were today killed when shots were fired in two mosques in New Zealand.
Amid the chaos, conflicting reports have emerged over just who was responsible over the horrific attacks.
Initial reports suggested there were two gunmen involved as police were called to the two Christchurch mosques just 10 minutes apart.
However, it is unclear how many suspects were involved in the shootings that has left the city in shock.
New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush confirmed four people had been arrested by cops in the aftermath of the shootings.
One was initially reported to be wearing a suicide vest, but police later discounted that theory.
One man, a 28-year-old, has been charged with murder and will appear in court tomorrow.
Police confirmed two other people had been apprehended, with authorities “working to understand what their involvement is”, Commissioner Bush said.
The fourth person is believed to have been armed at the scene, but it is not clear if they were involved in the attack. They remain in custody.
New Zealand and Australian authorities have both confirmed the suspects had not been on agency watch lists.
MOST READ IN NEWS
Ms Ardern confirmed the death toll had hit 40 and said the country had been placed on its highest security threat level.
Ardern confirmed 30 people were killed at the Masjid Al Noor Mosque and a further 10 were killed at the Linwood Masjid Mosque.
As she raised the country’s security to the highest level, the PM said: “It is clear that this can now only be described as a terrorist attack.”
The gunman attacked Masjid Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch at 1.40pm on Friday[/caption]
The injured were seen being comforted following the shootings[/caption]
Witnesses inside the mosque reported seeing 15 people being shot, including children[/caption]
Armed cops have locked down the area[/caption]
The shooter live streamed the carnage on Facebook using a GoPro[/caption]
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.