Hospital patient’s head explodes on the operating table as her ‘stomach gas ignites’ during emergency procedure in India

Hospital patient’s head explodes on the operating table as her ‘stomach gas ignites’ during emergency procedure in India

A PATIENT’S head exploded in an Indian hospital while she was having her stomach pumped in a freak accident. Sheela Devi, 40, had been admitted aft

Passenger plane with 152 on board declares emergency after landing gear fails with 100 ambulances braced for crash landing at Israel airport
Bill Maher: Donald Trump's Wall Emergency Is Part Of Slow-Moving Right-Wing Coup
Donald Trump says he will shut down US government ‘for YEARS’ and will declare a national emergency to force Mexico wall


A PATIENT’S head exploded in an Indian hospital while she was having her stomach pumped in a freak accident.

Sheela Devi, 40, had been admitted after taking poison but while medics were treating her gas from the toxic substance she swallowed suddenly ignited.   

The procedure that was being carried out was routine
The procedure that was being carried out was routine
CEN
The scene following the freak explosion
The scene following the freak explosion

The horrific accident happened at Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College in Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh, yesterday and was caught on footage which was later released to the media.

Chief medical officer, SS Zaidi JNMC, speaking to the Times of India: “Some explosion occurred in her mouth and flames along with smoke came out while the team of medics were trying to suck out the poison from her stomach.”

The procedure involves sending a small volume of saline solution into the stomach which is then sucked back out in order to remove the toxins.

It is believed this may have reacted with whatever she had consumed.

He added: “There could be a possibility that she allegedly consumed Celphos tablet (Aluminium phosphate) which releases phosphine gas in addition to Aluminium oxide and other gases, which are highly flammable.

“The explosion occurred when it came in contact with gastric acid.

“We have CCTV footage of the incident and we have watched it several times as such a thing has simply never happened in medical history.”


A post-mortem is being carried out to examine why the explosion happened.

Local police spokesman Naresh Kumar Singh said that the woman had been discovered unconscious at the village of Alampur Subkara and had been immediately taken to hospital where the explosion that killed her occurred.

Medics were left stunned by the extremely rare event
Medics were left stunned by the extremely rare event
CEN

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


 

 

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0